Monday, August 31, 2009

School Bells Ringing

Oh my God! I can't wait for school! First day, tomorrow. I just won't be able to sleep tonight, I know it! But I don't care, I'm going to finally be an 8th grader. I remember being younger and looking up to them, how tall they were, how intelligent they were (well, most of them.) I couldn't wait to be the big fish in a small pond. Now i'm there, and I look at myself and feel a little let down, I'm not tall, I'm not mature, I'm not responsible. I guess when I was younger they just seemd the way they were by comparison. I'm sure they felt this way, too.

It doesn't matter at all though, because I'm going back to school! I love school so much, and by the way I get excited by the first homework assighnment of the year, you wouldn't guess that I was so lazy. I have to say though, every homework assighnment after that loses it's excitment. Dramatically. And every day of school gets duller as you move on, but that's the way it has been since the beginning of time. We spend our childhood wanting to be a "big kid," we spend our teen-years wanting to grow-up, and we spend our adult years wishing we had it back. Same relationship between school and Summer, the grass is always greener.

I really do love school, though. If there was no homework, I would wish school was a year-round thing. I just love to learn new things. My Summer days are never filled with fun and games, but me sitting on my laptop reading the news, or looking up tutorials. Or maybe I'm watching Shark Week on Discovery. It's all because I love to learn. I'm like my Mom in that way. She always say's that she wishes she could get paid to go to school. I'd have to agree. That would be brilliant.

Well, anyway, today I cleaned my room. Boy, that was fun. Thank God my year's worth of crap wasn't that bad. I stuffed most of it in my closet, though. But only because most of it fell out of the closet from last year's cleaning. I looks good, besides the mountain of junk pilled up on my desk and sidetable. I have too much stuff, and nowhere to put it.

Well, I have to go. I've typed everything from today's happenings. Wish me luck for school!
Your's in excitment,
Casey Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment